Friday, July 25, 2008

Telling the Family


May 11, 2008: Mother's Day
what a more perfect way to tell my mother and sisters that they could expect to become a grandma and aunt's again than on mother's day. I had the family over for an early brunch and half way thru I was bursting at the seems with excitement that I just had to tell them. I gave them each special cards, at first my mom didn't get it and just closed the card. I said "mom I think you missed something in there" she read it again and was so happy when she finally realized that her baby girl was going to have a baby of her own!

May 9, 2008
So we had sent a card and a "grandma and me" book for Grandma Haynes to open for mother's day. Since we are 3,000 miles away we tried to come up with a creative way of breaking the news. However Dave couldn't wait that long to tell his parents so we thought it would be a great idea to get a webcam and tell them on the computer. This was perfect as we could see their reaction when we held up a sign saying " Guess who's having a baby?" Of course mother's instinct kicked in because Grandma Haynes told us she had a dream a few nights before that we were expecting and well she was right! So she knew before we told her!

No comments: